Cosplayer: my sister aka Veroious
Cosplay made by:
Franchise: DC Comics
Version: Mike McKone
Patterns drafted 100 percent by me off a duct tape dummy of my sister. Fabric is 4 way stretch metallic foil spandex, from SpandexWorld.com. The collar, gauntlets, and armband are lined with craftfoam using E9000. The round gems and the large red gem are cast by me using Easy Cast Epoxy. The small oval ones are scabbed from Micheal's jewelry section. All of the piping was made by hand with paracord. The gems were also applied with E9000.
Makeup: Mehron Aquacolor Cake makeup. First I sprayed Vero with Mehron's Barrier Spray then applied 2 to 3 coats of Aquacolor Orange, using a paint brush. Then applied Aquacolor in Mango with brush and blended in to the orange with a makeup sponge. Finally to seal the color I used a Translucent Finishing Powder. I don't remember the brand but any will do. Then I finished by applying shadowing in tones of red and orange, applying blush, eyeliner, lipstick etc.
Application of Costume:
The monokini and boot tops were held in place with something called red devil tape. This tape can be a little rough on fabric but isn't harsh to the skin but provides an excellent hold. I do recommend cleaning your skin with an astringent if you have oily or have just applied lotion.
White Mesh lenses from youknowit.com. U.K. based company, very fast shipping. The lense are made of hydrogel, so they were great for all day wear. As opposed to the average cosplay lenses that are only rated for 8 hours. I was going to order them from HoneyColor but they ran out of stock the day before I was gonna order. I don't know if those are hydrogel too. My sister says it was like seeing pixels all over the place. She was able to navigate fairly well except when light levels went up. When wearing these lenses the brighter it is the harder it was to see. The light created a nasty glare due the white nature of the lenses.
Wig: An ebay wig, purchased very cheaply. I should have know better, it was very thin in the back and the wig cap was gianormous. It was heat resistant, so I curled all 5 feet of it. I put it in rollers and gave it a hot water bath. It dried in a couple of days. Then uncurled it, picked the curls apart so it started look like a fro. I cut it in the shape I wanted, layering it, blending the layers. Then I backcombed/ brushed at the roots and hair sprayed and blow dried upright fashion. Each curl, every weft row. Needless to stay it took a while. I also added in a few foam rollers up against the base of the wefts for a little more volume and to assure it wouldn't collapse. But 80 to 90 percent of the volume came from the backcombing and hairspray.